Monday, November 28, 2011

Mothering, not smothering

I am thankful God gave me two children to mother.  Mothering my children, from infancy to adulthood has been the most rewarding gift.  I have enjoyed every phase of their lives, some more than others.  I support the birth order theory, however, as it turns out, both of my children are leaders.  From a young age, they were allowed to make what I may not have thought to be the best choice, to experience life lessons.  Because of those life lessons, the foundation upon which they are building their careers, their decisions are based on wise choices.  That isn't to say, some of those choices may be creative and on the curve, however, children learn from mothering, not smothering.

1 comment:

  1. You are a most wonderful mother and have given your children an amazing start. :)

    ReplyDelete