Thursday, November 24, 2011

Fat, Fair and 48

Traipsing through memory lane, is it not typical to memorialize our successes and contributions to our family?  Focusing on motherhood, it has been both my greatest reward and perhaps my greatest blunder.  We have raised two remarkable children,  preparing them for life's ups and downs with all the tools we could muster, yet failing them in probably one of the most important daily balances- food.  Having always been overweight, it never occurred to me that I was perpetuating a life of obesity for them as well.  Growing up in the "clean your plate" era of no food wasted, I still find myself doing just that and trained them to do the same.  At 48 years old and 281.6 pounds, I have to gain control of my appetite and my health.  I begin today, this day of Thanksgiving.  With God's grace, I will turn this around.  I can redeem this shortcoming with my children and by example, become Fit and 48.

No comments:

Post a Comment